Thursday, February 13, 2014

Discussion on Romanesque

I looked into my classmate, Kristinas blog. She also noted that the Romansque time period was also known for their schooling and teaching of religion. This was a huge influence as to why architectural detail and wealth went into the churches of this time and not the homes. I really like the connection that she had made with the movie Harry Potter, and the design of their common dinning area. She compared Hogwarts as a whole to the Romanesque period with its dark stone and castle like features. I get a Gothic feel from this fiction tale as well, but I really enjoy the connection that she had made because I made a connection with her visualization.

Justine made note about the emperor during the Romanesque period in year 800; he had accomplished a lot during his reign. He encouraged the arts, technology at the time, religion and schooling. His influence definitely aided in the development of so many churches during this era. I really enjoyed one of Justines more modern applications of the Romanesque design features of the 1890 Romanesque Yonkers, NY with its rich colors and warmth with a sense of wealth.

To learn more from my classmates blog please visit their sites:
  • http://history1kmp.blogspot.com/2014/02/romanesque.html-Kristina
  • http://www.history1jvs.blogspot.com/- Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment